Footpath Dining and Street Vending
The Commercial Use of Footpath Policy outlines the approval process and requirements for small scale street vending and footway restaurants on public paths in the Ballina Shire.
With this policy Council aims to:
- create vibrant and stimulating commercial centres where the public can shop and dine in an outdoor environment and enjoy the favourable local climate
- reinforce established central business areas as focal shopping, business and social places
- allow retailers to display goods and merchandise on the footpath
- ensure equitable access for all including people with disabilities
- provide clear guidelines with respect to Council's expectations for street vending and footway restaurants.
Businesses interested in obtaining approval to use the footpath for commercial purposes must first submit an application form with the necessary documentation to obtain Council approval.
Strategic and Community Facilities Group, Ph 6686 1416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commercial Use of Footpaths Application form
- Policy F07 - Commercial Use of Footpaths
- Commercial Use of Footpaths information (extract from the Use of Public Land Handbook)