Skennars Head Road
The next stage of the Roundabout is due to commence and to facilitate the final stages The Coast Road will be closed to through traffic with detours in place via Skennars Head Road and North Creek Road.
The road closure will be effective from Monday 8 May 2017 and anticipated to be in place (weather permitting) until the end of June.
The alternate routes for traffic heading south along The Coast Road will be:
- Motorists to use North Creek Road and Skennars Head Road
The alternate routes for traffic heading north along The Coast Road will be:
- Motorists to use Skennars Head Road and North Creek Road
The Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) has identified the intersection as a black spot under their ‘safer roads’ initiatives and has allocated $2 million to the upgrade.
Council thanks motorists for their patience and understanding. These works are necessary to make this arterial road and intersection safer and prevent future fatalities.
How long will it take to complete the project?
Will the road be closed during construction?
What environmental issues if any has the project considered?
What about the connection to Rocky Point Road?
- Map of Skennars Head Road Roundabout Construction road closure - MAP
- Media Release - Skennars Head Road Roundabout Construction - road closure - 24 April 2017
- Media Release - Making Safer Roads Skennars Head Road Roundabout Construction - 28 Feb 2017
- Factsheet - Skennars Head Road Roundabout Construction - 28 Feb 2017
- Concept Aerial Maps - Feb 2017
- Aerial 3-Dimensional Illustrations - Feb 2017
- Design Plans (pages 2 - 5) - for full plans contact the Civil Services Group
- Part V - Notice of Determination
- Review of Environmental Factors
- Ecological Assessment
If you have any questions about this project, please contact:
The Civil Services Group, Ph 02 6686 4444.