Our Community : Our Future
What is Integrated Planning & Reporting?
All councils in NSW are required to develop an Integrated Planning & Reporting (IPR) Framework under legislative requirements prescribed in the NSW Local Government Act. This framework has been put in place to encourage councils, the community and other organisations to work together to plan for the future in an efficient and collaborative manner. The IPR has five main components:
- Community Strategic Plan
- Delivery Program and Operational Plan
- Resourcing Strategy
- Annual Report
- End of Term Report
Our Community…Our Future is Ballina Shire Council’s Community Strategic Plan and sits above all other council plans and policies in the planning hierarchy.
The CSP identifies the community’s main priorities and aspirations for the future to promote a positive lifestyle and improve the amenity for our residents and visitors.
Council will use this document to guide and inform their decision making and planning for at least the next ten years.
While council has a custodial role in initiating, preparing and maintaining the CSP on behalf of the Ballina Shire, it is not wholly responsible for its implementation. Other partners, such as state agencies and community groups may also be engaged in delivering the long term objectives of the Plan.
The CSP is deliberately broad in scope. Specific items, services or activities of Council are not contained in the CSP, but rather are outlined in the Delivery Program & Operational Plan (combined document).
This is the point where the directions outlined in the CSP are systematically translated into actions. The Delivery Program & Operational Plan (combined document) is designed as a single point of reference for all key activities to be undertaken by the Council during their elected term.
This document is reviewed annually with Council receiving progress reports every quarter.
The Resourcing Strategy will not be achieved without sufficient resources – time, money, assets and people – to actually carry them out. The Resourcing Strategy has three components:
- Long Term Financial Planning
- Workforce Management Planning
- Asset Management Planning.
The Resourcing Strategy assists Council to translate the outcomes identified in the CSP, for which it is responsible, into actions. Some issues will be the responsibility of Council, some will be the responsibility of other levels of government and some will rely on input from community groups or individuals.
The Annual Report focuses on our implementation of the Delivery Program & Operational Plan (combined document). The report also includes some information that is prescribed by the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005. This information has been included in the Regulation to help community members understand how council has been performing both as a business entity and a community leader.
End of Term Report
Councils are required every four years to produce an End of Term Report on the progress in implementing the Community Strategic Plan. The Report covers the term of office for an elected council.
- Community Strategic Plan 2013-2023
- 2013/2014 Delivery Program & Operational Plan (Combined)
- 2013/2014 Budget
- 2013/2014 Fees & Charges
- 2012-2013 Annual Report (pdf)
- Asset Management Strategy 2013 (pdf)
- 2012-2013 Delivery Program (pdf)
- 2012-2013 Operational Plan (pdf)
- 2012-2013 Budget (pdf)
- 2012-2013 Fees & Charges (pdf)
- 2008-2012 End of Term Report (pdf)
- 2011-2012 Annual Report (pdf)
- 2011-2012 Delivery Program (pdf)
- 2011-2012 Operational Plan (pdf)
- 2011-2012 Budget (pdf)
- 2011-2012 Fees & Charges (pdf)
- Community Strategic Plan 2010-2025 (pdf)
- 2010-2011 Annual Report (pdf)
- 2010-2011 Delivery Program (pdf)
- 2010-2011 Operational Plan (pdf)
- 2010-2011 Budget (pdf)
- 2010-2011 Fees & Charges (pdf)
- 2009-2010 Annual Report (pdf)
- 2009-2010 Management Plan (pdf)
- 2009-2010 Budget (pdf)
- 2009-2010 Fees & Charges (pdf)
- 2008-2009 Annual Report (pdf)
- 2008-2009 Management Plan (pdf)
- 2008-2009 Budget (pdf)
- 2008-2009 Fees & Charges (pdf)
- 2007-2008 Annual Report (pdf)
- 2007-2008 Management Plan (pdf)
- 2007-2008 Budget (pdf)
- 2007-2008 Fees & Charges (pdf)