How would you like your place to change and develop over the next 20 years?
What sorts of things would you like to see happen?
Do you like Alstonville as it is? Or do you think there is room for new plans?
Are you a resident, a business owner, a farmer or a frequent visitor with an interest in Alstonville and what the future holds?
Thank you to all those who previously provided feedback.
So, what's next?
We have used the feedback and information you have provided and prepared a draft Alstonville Planning and Environmental Study and draft Strategic Plan 2017 – 2037. These documents will be on public exhibition during April and May 2017 for community comment.
The Alstonville community is encouraged to review the exhibition documents and the suggestions and ideas that they contain.
We look forward to receiving your comments and additional ideas. All submissions made will be considered and reported to the Council at the conclusion of the exhibition period.
Council thanks the more than 70 local residents who attended the launch presentation on 3 April 2017. The feedback you provided to us was very valuable.
5 April 2017 to 12 May 2017
Submissions close: Friday 12 May 2017
During the exhibition period, the community will be able to provide feedback via an online survey. Comments can also be emailed to email@example.com or via an addressed letter to Ballina Shire Council, PO Box 450, Ballina NSW 2478.
Survey closes: Friday 12 May 2017
Want to talk to someone?
Please call Council's Alstonville Futures Team on 6686 4444.
Thanks again for your thoughts so far. We have very much enjoyed speaking to the Alstonville community, who have been very generous with ideas and feedback.
The Alstonville Futures Team
- Community Report - September 2016
- Alstonville 2037 Consultation Poster
- Annexure 4 to Draft Alstonville Planning and Environmental Study
- Annexure 5 to Draft Alstonville Planning and Environmental Study
- Report to Council Ordinary Meeting 23 March 2016
- Summary Information - Alstonville Planning and Environmental Study and Draft Strategic Plan
- Demographic Profile - How Alstonville Has Changed
- Excerpts from the Heritage Assessment on the Alstonville Plateau report, dated 1996 - for the full report, enquire at Alstonville or Ballina Libraries.
- What have residents said about Alstonville previously?
provides information on the various local planning projects undertaken by CouncilRead more
provides links to Wardell strategy documents for 2015 - 2035Read more
Ballina Marina Master Plan to encourage and guide redevelopment of the Trawler Harbour West BallinaRead more
information on the preparation of the Wollongbar 2038 Strategic PlanRead more