How would you like your place to change and develop over the next 20 years?
What sorts of things would you like to see happen?
Do you like Alstonville as it is? Or do you think there is room for new plans?
Are you a resident, a business owner, a farmer or a frequent visitor with an interest in Alstonville and what the future holds?
Thank you to all those who previously provided feedback.
So, what's next?
We have used the feedback and information you have provided and prepared a draft Alstonville Planning and Environmental Study and draft Strategic Plan 2017 – 2037. These documents were placed on public exhibition from 5 April 2017 until 12 May 2017 for community comment. Council staff are currently reviewing comments received with a view to preparing a report for the Council’s consideration at its Ordinary Meeting on 27 July 2017.
Council thanks the more than 70 local residents who attended the launch presentation on 3 April 2017. The feedback you provided to us was very valuable.
Thank you to everyone who completed an online survey as part of the exhibition process. Feedback obtained will be considered by the Council when they give further consideration to the Alstonville Strategic Plan at the July Ordinary Meeting. In total 69 survey responses were received.
Want to talk to someone?
Please call Council's Alstonville Futures Team on 6686 4444.
Thanks again for your thoughts so far. We have very much enjoyed speaking to the Alstonville community, who have been very generous with ideas and feedback.
The Alstonville Futures Team
- Community Report - September 2016
- Alstonville 2037 Consultation Poster
- Annexure 4 to Draft Alstonville Planning and Environmental Study
- Annexure 5 to Draft Alstonville Planning and Environmental Study
- Report to Council Ordinary Meeting 23 March 2016
- Summary Information - Alstonville Planning and Environmental Study and Draft Strategic Plan
- Demographic Profile - How Alstonville Has Changed
- Excerpts from the Heritage Assessment on the Alstonville Plateau report, dated 1996 - for the full report, enquire at Alstonville or Ballina Libraries.
- What have residents said about Alstonville previously?
provides information on the various local planning projects undertaken by CouncilRead more
provides links to Wardell strategy documents for 2015 - 2035Read more
Ballina Marina Master Plan to encourage and guide redevelopment of the Trawler Harbour West BallinaRead more
information on the preparation of the Wollongbar 2038 Strategic PlanRead more