Staying Safe on the Road for Over 65s
Ballina Shire Council will be running three free workshops during November for older drivers planning to retire from driving.
Changes in health and lifestyles can have impacts on safety when you’re out and about. Whether you drive, ride, walk, catch public or community transport, or use a mobility scooter, these workshops can help you keep moving safely.
The ‘Over 65’ workshops will provide information and tips to improve your safety when you’re out and about on or near roads in Ballina Shire.
Presentations will include:
- Safety on the road over 65
- Community transport services
- Driver refreshers and travel planning services.
The workshops will also provide information about driving and licencing for people 75 and 85 years old, and commonly misunderstood road rules.
Workshop will be held:
- Tues 6 November – Gawandi Room, Ballina Surf Club, 9.30am – 1pm
- Thurs 8 November – Gawandi Room, Ballina Surf Club, 9.30am – 1pm
- Tues 13 November - Dirrawong Room, Ballina Surf Club, 9.30am – 1pm
Morning tea will be provided.
To register or for more information contact:
Road Safety Officer
Ph 1300 864 444