Lake Ainsworth South Eastern Precinct Project
Ballina Shire Council is seeking to improve the Lake Ainsworth’s south eastern precinct for current and future generations.
Part V Assessment of Environmental Impact of Lake Ainsworth Foreshore Improvements Works
Council has lodged a Part V application under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act for the Lake Ainsworth Foreshore Improvement Works.
Any interested person can make a submission in relation to any aspect of the proposal which can be viewed at the Lennox Head Library, Council’s Customer Service Centre or weblink below:
Note: Council is the determining authority for the Part V application. Council as a regulatory body has clear separations of powers, and our assessment team objectively work on applications in accordance with legislation.
Eastern road precinct
- rehabilitation of the Lake Ainsworth eastern road
- 3m wide accessible pathway
- wheelchair ramp to lake
- picnic areas
- sandstone block seats amongst some open spaces
- increased grassed areas
- restoring and revegetating of the eroded foreshore areas.
Budget: $800,000 including roundabout (see below).
Southern road precinct
- formalisation of the carpark to create additional parking
- restoration and revegetation of the eroded foreshore areas
- BBQ facilities and picnic areas.
- roundabout construction adjacent to the Lennox Head - Alstonville Surf Life Saving Club
- architectural features for road and path surfacing.
- Map of Lake Ainsworth Proposal - September 2017
- Interpretative Illustration - Southern Side Open Space
- Interpretative Illustration - Southern Recreation Area
- Interpretative Illustration - Eastern Recreation Area (South)
- Interpretative Illustration - Eastern Recreation Area (North)
- Lake Ainsworth South Eastern Precinct - Factsheet - July 2017
- Media Release 10 February 2017
- Mayor's letter in response to objection of eastern road closure
- Lake Ainsworth South Eastern Precinct - Factsheet - 6 Feb 2017
- Lake Ainsworth - Plan of Eastern Foreshore and Intersection Works
- Lake Ainsworth - Review Environmental Factor - 22 Sept 2016
- Lake Ainsworth - Part V - Notice of Determination - Approval - 7 Feb 2017
Page reviewed Friday 1 December 2017.