Council holds its Ordinary meetings on the fourth Thursday of each month at 9.00 am.
- Council Meeting Dates 2018
- Council Meeting Dates 2017
- Council Agendas (Business Papers) and Minutes 2011 - 2017
Deputations to Council
Deputations by members of the public may be made at Council meetings on matters included in the business paper. Deputations are limited to one speaker in the affirmative, and one speaker in opposition. Requests to speak must be lodged in writing or by phone with the General Manager by noon on the day preceding the meeting. Deputations are given 5 minutes to address Council.
- Click here to view Deputation Guidelines.
Public Question Time
The public may ask questions of the Council during the Public Question Time session of ordinary meetings.
- Click here to view Public Question Time Guidelines.
Availability of Business Papers
Business papers are widely available throughout the Shire for access by the public. They are available for viewing on the Monday preceding the Council meeting at the Ballina Shire Council Chambers, Ballina Visitor Information Centre, Ballina, Alstonville and Lennox Head Libraries. A limited number of copies are available for taking away from the Chambers, as well as from the meeting itself. Copies of reports may also be requested from the General Manager's office.
Committees of Council
Council operates a Committee structure which comprises Special Committees and Community Reference Groups.
Council has the following Committees :
- Commercial Services Committee
- Environmental and Sustainability Committee
- Facilities CommitteeFinance Committee
- Local Traffic Committee
- Reserve Trust - considers crown land matters where Council is the appointed Reserve Trust Manager for the land.
These Committees comprise the whole Council and the Local Traffic Committee is represented by staff and agencies. Minutes from these Committees are presented to Council for adoption. Major items from the Local Traffic Committee requiring a Council decision are reported to Council. The Reserve Trust has delegated authority, therefore the minutes are not presented to Council.