Ballina Shire Swimming Pools Redevelopment Project
After 40-plus years of use, the Ballina and Alstonville Swimming Pools are closed for redevelopment.
Now the pools are completed the the up-to-date aquatic facilities will be valuable community assets for the next 40 years.
Grand Reopening Event
We will officially reopen the Alstonville Aquatic Centre and Ballina Memorial Pool on 28 July 2018 with free entry.
Time and Location:
9am Ballina Memorial Pool
11am Alstonville Aquatic Centre
Woollams Pty Ltd has completed the upgrade project with the opening date now confirmed for Saturday 28 July. Key stakeholders consulted during the project included representatives from the pool operators, swimming club, coach and swimming coordinator, water polo club, Ballina High School Marine Discovery Centre and the general public.
The up-to-date aquatic facilities now include:
- FINA compliant 50m heated pools. Each pool will have eight 2.5m-wide lanes for competition swimming and water polo games
- 25m x 15m heated enclosable pools. Each pool can be used for swimming lessons, children’s play, lap swimming and rehabilitation
- access ramps into all pools
- wet play splash areas for children
- the Ballina pool will have a new amenities building and transparent fencing along the Richmond River
- enhanced landscaping at each site.
Construction of the Ballina Swimming Pool is being captured on time-lapse video. The video also captures the aftermath of Cyclone Debbie.
- Swimming Pools Redevelopment Project FAQs - October 2017
- Swimming Pools Redevelopment Project Factsheet - June 2017
- Media Release - Take a final dip before the pools close for redevelopment - 21 February 2017
- Media Release - Pool redevelopment construction progress - 29 September 2017
For more information about each of the existing swimming pool venues click on the links below: