Commercial Activities on Public Land
The Commercial Activities on Public Land Policy covers activities such as surf schools, kite surfing, kayak tours, hang gliding, group fitness training and other commercial recreation on public land.
The policy outlines the number of Commercial Operator Licences to be issued and the operating guidelines for each activity.
Generally focused on beach and river activities this policy seeks to provide a balance between managing the commercial activity and protecting the public amenity for community use.
Before completing an application form please read the Application Specifications, which outlines operating requirements for each commercial activity, and the Risk Assessment Guidelines. A Licence Application Form must be completed; documentation and risk assessment attached, and fees paid prior to an application being assessed.
For information contact Open Spaces on phone 6686 4444.
- Commercial Activities on Public Land Policy (pdf)
- Commercial Activities on Public Land Specifications (pdf)
- Licence Application Form (pdf)
- Risk Assessment Guidelines (pdf)
- Guidelines for Commercial Activities on Public Land (an extract from Council's Use of Public Land Handbook)