Supporting a Growing Community
Ballina Shire is home to over 42,000 locals and we continue to attract new residents and many more visitors.
As our population continues to grow, we need to make sure we have facilities that continue to support our community.
Council’s construction projects help to:
- boost the local economy
- support jobs growth
- improve connections between places
- provide facilities that improve the lives our community.
- River Street Upgrade - Stage 4 (between Moon and Grant Streets)
- Coastal Shared Path (Skennars Head to Lennox Head via The Coast Road)
- Construction of Airport Boulevard
- Lake Ainsworth Foreshore Improvements Works
- Expansion of Skennars Head Sportfields
Other projects planned for 2019/2020:
- Construction of the Coastal Recreational Walk (from Skennars Head over the headlands to Lennox point)
- Extension of Hutley Drive to Byron Bay Road (and construction of roundabout)
- Upgrades to the Lennox Head Community Centre including air conditioning
- Commence construction of Wollongbar District Park
Capital Expenditure allocations for 2019/2020:
- $22m for roads and bridges
- $4.8m for community facilities
- $2.3m for sports fields
- $2.5m for footpaths and shared paths
- $3.6m for airport
- $5m in water infrastructure
- $6.5m in wastewater infrastructure.
These projects are included in the Delivery Program and Operational Plan 2019/2020.
Council's engagement with the community to identify priorities for the Lennox Village CentreRead more Read more