Extreme Weather Conditions Info and Contacts
PLEASE USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN TRAVELLING ON ALL ROADS WITHIN THE SHIRE DURING WET WEATHER EVENTS.
- ABC North Coast - 94.5FM
- 2LM - 900AM
- ZZZ FM - 100.9FM
- Paradise FM - 101.9FM
Contact your sporting club.
BALLINA BYRON GATEWAY AIRPORT
Your airline for flights to and from Ballina, please contact your airline direct:
- Rex 13 17 13 www.regionalexpress.com.au
- Jet Star 13 15 38 www.jetstar.com
- Virgin Australia 13 67 89 www.virginaustralia.com
- FlyPelican 02 4965 0111 flypelican.com.au
KEY CONTACT INFORMATION
• SES 132 500
• Ballina Shire Council 1300 864 444 or emergency after hours 02 6626 6954
• Emergency Services Police, Ambulance, Fire Brigade Triple Zero 000.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Alerts are issued via Council’s website and via local radio stations.
• Delay any unnecessary travel until conditions have cleared.
• Look out for your neighbours
• If water is overflowing street stormwater drains, refrain from using internal water eg: washing machines, dishwashers, baths, showers and flushing of toilets until the water has cleared.
• Watch for Council, SES and other State Government agency updates.
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
- MyRoadInfo app from Apple app store
- MyRoadInfo Android app from Google Play
- Bureau of Meteorology - Radar
- Bureau of Meteorology - Latest Weather and Warnings
- Bureau of Meteorology - Northern Rivers Rainfall and River Conditions
- Roads and Maritime Services - Live Traffic NSW
- Richmond River County Council Flood Information
- Lismore City Council
- Byron Shire Council
- Tweed Shire Council
- Richmond Valley Council
- Kyogle Shire Council
- Clarence Valley Council