Go in the draw to WIN $1,000 off your rates!
Each quarter, Ballina Shire Council issues over 16,000 rates and charges notices which equates to about 113,000 sheets of paper every year. Council has launched a competition to help reduce paper use and give one lucky ratepayer a chance to WIN $1,000 off their 2019/20 rates and charges.
How to enter
To enter ratepayers must successfully subscribe to Council’s online eRates service before Monday 1 July 2019. To do this visit our eRates service page and use your assessment number, email address, name, phone and address to complete the online form. Once subscribed your rates and charges notice will be sent directly to your email address each quarter and you will automatically be entered in the draw – no paper necessary!
Entries are now open and will close 9am Monday 1 July 2019. The winner will be randomly drawn at 3pm on Wednesday 3 July 2019. See full terms and conditions below.
Already using eRates?
If you already subscribe to eRates and receive your notice via email then you’re automatically entered into the draw! This means you can sit back and relax.
- What if I am already subscribed to eRates?
You will automatically be entered in the draw
- What if I am subscribed to eRates service but I don’t want to take part in the competition?
You can call our Rating Team on 6686 1299 who will remove you from the competition draw.
- What if I do not have an email address or access to the internet?
You can access a computer and internet at the Council Customer Service Centre in Ballina or at one of our public libraries in Lennox Head, Alstonville or Ballina. If you do not have an email address you can create one for free online.
- I am a tenant. Can I take part and get a discount in my rent?
No, you need to be a ratepayer to subscribe.
- My real estate and/or property manager receives and pays my investment property’s rates and charges, how can I enter?
Some local real estates have already subscribed to eRates, which means your property will automatically be entered in this competition. To confirm if your property is subscribed, please contact your property manager.
- If our property is in joint names, can we all enter our email addresses for the one assessment?
No, only one email per assessment can be registered. The $1,000 is credited to the assessment not to the ratepayer who registered.
• The Promoter is Ballina Shire Council, ABN 53 929 887 369 • Information on prizes and how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
• The competition is open to Ballina Shire Council ratepayers, who have successfully registered their property’s Assessment Number to receive its rate notice/s electronically (using the online eRates registration form at www.ballina.nsw.gov.au) on or before 9.00am AEST on Monday 1 July 2019. Council employees and its Councillors, and their immediate family members are ineligible to enter the competition. “Immediate family” means spouse, de-facto, parent, natural or adopted child and sibling whether or not they live in the same household as the employee.
• The competition starts at 9.00am AEST on 1 March 2019 and closes at 9.00am AEST on Monday 1 July 2019. Assessment Numbers registered prior to commencement, and during the promotional period, that remain registered at close, will be included in the prize draw.
• The draw will take place at 3.00pm AEST on Wednesday 3 July 2019, at Ballina Shire Council’s customer service centre, Cnr Tamar St, Ballina, NSW 2478.
• One entry will be awarded per registered Assessment Number. One Assessment Number will be drawn at random and its owner as shown on the Annual Rates & Charges Notice will be deemed the winner. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• The Prize value of $1,000 is for credit to the 2019/20 year for the winning Assessment Number, which includes rates, waste and other charges (where applicable) but excludes any amounts outstanding/arrears. The prize will not be awarded as cash, but a credit of up to $1,000 to be used against the 2019/20 Annual Rates. In the event that the total value of the winning property’s 2019/20 rates and charges are less than $1,000, the balance will not carry over to subsequent notices and will be forfeited. In the event that payment of the 2019/20 Annual Rates has been made at the time of winner notification, the winner will be reimbursed for the amount paid, to a maximum amount of $1,000. Where a portion of the 2019/20 Annual Rates has been paid, the winner will receive a reimbursement of the amount paid plus a credit against the 2019/20 Annual Rates & Charges Notice to a maximum total value of $1,000.
• The Prize must be taken as offered and is not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash.
• The drawn winner will be contacted using the email address supplied in their Electronic Rates Registration within two business days of the draw and will be required to respond back to Council by email confirming their eligibility within five business days of the draw.
• If the drawn winner is not confirmed as eligible within five business days of the draw, a redraw will occur.
• The Promoter has the rights to disqualify any entrants or entries where it is reasonably suspected that any unlawful or improper conduct, such as infringing a third party’s intellectual property rights, or if there has otherwise been a breach of the competition terms and conditions.
• Information collected in the Registration process will be used by the Promoter only as agreed by the registrant during registration and for conducting the random draw.
• On confirmation of an eligible winner, the winner agrees to be photographed and have their name published on the Promoter’s website, www.ballina.nsw.gov.au and in media and publicity by the Promoter.
• The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the Prize or entering into this competition, nor for any tax implications that may arise from accepting the Prize.