Erosion and Sediment Control
Builders, Landscapers, Contractors…..Would you like to save $8000?
It's easy – just make sure you know your responsibilities to manage the sediment on your site. Have a site-specific plan, implement it correctly, and keep it maintained.
The penalty for allowing soil, sediment, slurry or any other material under the Protection of the Environment (Operations) Act is up to $8000. This can include other material such as leaf litter, mower clippings, paint, oils etc as well. The drain really is just for rain.
If your site looks a little like this….
Not only are you a nasty neighbour, but you are polluting our waterways with soil, sediment or other material.
Even if your site looks more like this….
Erosion and Sediment Control Factsheets
- Site planning (PDF 1.5mb)
- Stabalised entry/exit point (PDF 1.3mb)
- Sediment Fencing (PDF 1.9mb)
- Straw bale filter (PDF 1.5mb)
- Diversion of up-slope water (PDF 760kb)
- Stockpiles and storage of materials (PDF 1.1mb)
- Grass filter strips (PDF 1.9mb)
- Litter and building waste (PDF 1.6mb)
- Service trenches (PDF 760kb)
- Early roof downpipe connection (PDF 1.5mb)