Ballina Waste Management Centre
Hours of operation: 8.00am - 4.00pm 7 days (excluding Public Holidays).
Location: 167 Southern Cross Drive, Ballina (in Ballina's Industrial Estate)
Phone: 02 6686 1287
You can drop off
- Fluorescent light bulbs and tubes - free drop off
- Batteries (all sizes including car and domestic AAA, AA, C and D batteries) - free drop off
- Motor and vegetable oil - free drop off
- Tyres - fees apply
- Refrigerators - fees apply
- Gas Bottles and Fire Extinguishers - free drop off
- Dead Animals (small, medium, large) - fees apply
- Excavated Material - fees apply
- Construction Demolition Waste - fees apply
- Paint (oil and water based)
- Smoke Detectors - free drop off
The Waste Management Centre DOES NOT accept
- Hazardous waste
- Needles and Sharps
- Contact Lismore City Council on 02 6625 0500 for fees and charges.
This plan has been developed to document the processes required to prepare for and respond to pollution incidents for the Ballina Shire Council's Waste Management Facility (EPA Licence No. 6350) and ensure that hazards to the environment, human health and safety are reduced, if not eliminated. It has been prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 and Protection of the Environment Operations (General) Regulation 2009.
Current 2018/19 Fees
All vehicles are weighed on the weighbridge and waste charged on a part per tonne basis.
Ballina Junktion Revolve Shop
Ballina Junktion is a resource recovery shop that aims to divert material that can be recycled or reprocessed from landfill. It is operated by Momentum Collective, a not for profit community organisation and the shop supports their programs.
Items for Ballina Junktion must be taken over the weighbridge and enter the Waste Management Centre. This prevents Ballina Junktion being inundated with unwanted goods illegally dumped at the front of the premises and assists their staff to focus on resource recovery.
Open: 8.30am - 3.30pm 7 days (excluding public holidays)
Phone: 0429 934 557