Council has a number of banner poles throughout the shire. Banners displayed on these poles provide a vibrant, attractive and cost effective method of establishing a visual presence for events and activities.
The banner poles are fold down poles owned and maintained by Council. Council officers must erect the banners to ensure all occupational health and safety regulations are met. There is a minimal fee for the use of the poles, to recover operating costs associated with installation. This fee is included in Council’s annual fees and charges.
- Canal Bridge, Ballina (northern approach) x 2
- Fishery Creek Bridge, Ballina (southern approach) x 2
- Kerr & Swift Streets, Ballina (intersection) x 2
- Angels Beach, East Ballina (roundabout) x 2
- Coast Road, Lennox Head (northern approach) x 2
Banner Pole Policy
Before applying for use of the banner poles, please ensure you review the Banner Pole Policy which outlines permitted users and activities, banner design, banner specifications, conditions of use and sponsors.
- Banner Pole Policy
- Guidelines for the use of Council Banner Poles (extract from Council's Use of Public Land Handbook)
Council is not able to accept bookings over the telephone or via email. All applications must be made on the approved booking form.
Sandra Jackson, Events Support Officer, Ph 6686 4444.