Storm Updates in Ballina Shire
For the latest road closures in Ballina Shire and surrounding Council areas visit myroadinfo.com.au
There are many roads with debris causing hazards to motorists with some closures. Council staff are attending to clear debris but seek the patience of the public as this may take some time. Please be aware that conditions can change quickly so please exercise extreme caution. Better still avoid unnecessary driving and stay indoors.
STORMWATER AND URBAN STREET FLOODING
It is impossible for Council to inspect and signpost all urban roads, so if water is over the road exercise extreme caution or avoid it all together.
SEWER BACKLOG IS CLEARING
Backing up or slow draining water may occur in lower lying areas. Be patient to allow for the water to escape. Also avoid using washing machines, dishwashers, baths and showers until the water has cleared. It is not necessary to boil drinking water. Water and sewer networks are very separate systems.
COASTLINE AND BEACHES
Coastal erosion may have occurred at our beaches, impacting access tracks and coastal dunes. It is recommended to stay away from beaches.
BALLINA BYRON GATEWAY AIRPORT
Please contact your airline direct for arrivals and departures:
- Rex 131 713 rex.com.au
- Jetstar 131 538 jetstar.com
- Virgin Australia 136 789 virginaustralia.com.au
If residents have property damage, phone SES on 132 500.
Regular updates will be given on local radio stations:
Please be sensible, make common sense decisions and never drive, ride or walk through floodwaters and avoid or delay any unnecessary travel.
Links to further information
- MyRoadInfo app from Apple app store
- MyRoadInfo Android app from Google Play
- Bureau of Meteorology - Radar
- Bureau of Meteorology - Latest Weather and Warnings
- Bureau of Meteorology - Northern Rivers Rainfall and River Conditions
- Roads and Maritime Services - Live Traffic NSW
- SES NSW - Call 132 500
- Life threatening situations phone triple zero (000)
- Factsheet - Staying healthy during and after floods and storms