What day? Which bins?
|East Ballina||Lennox Head||West Ballina||Wollongbar||Panorama Estate and Ocean View Estate, Alstonville|
|Ferngrove Estate||Ballina Heights||Wardell||Alstonville (except Panorama and Ocean View Estates)||Ballina - east of Moon Street (including odd numbers Moon St)|
|River Oaks Estate||Cumbalum||Cabbage Tree Island||Russellton Industrial Estate, Alstonville||Skennars Head|
|North Lakes Estate||Ballina - Including Moon Street (even numbers)||Southern Cross Drive Industrial Estate and Ballina Industrial Estate, Ballina||Lennox Head - area accessed via Henderson Drive|
|Ross Lane||Keith Hall||Tuckombil||Marom Creek|
|Byron Bay Road||Empire Vale||Gap Road, Alstonville||Rous|
|Knockrow||East Wardell||Friday Hut Road||McLeans Ridge|
|Brooklet||Bagotville||Fernleigh Road||Pearces Creek|
|Cabbage Tree Island|
Please note the above information is indicative and is subject to change. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, contact the Waste Management Centre on 6686 1287.
Bin collection guidelines
Council kerbside bins are collected by a side-loading truck which uses a mechanical arm to pick up and empty bins. We currently empty almost 20,000 bins per week across the Ballina Shire.
- Bins should be out before 5am or on the night before your collection day.
- Don’t over? ll – lids must close fully.
- Keep clear of vehicles, trees or other objects.
- Bins heavier than 60kg can’t be lifted by the waste truck and will not be collected.
- Place bin within one metre from the edge of the road seal, with the front of the bin facing the road.
- Leave space between the bins, one-metre apart is ideal.
- You may have put your bin out too late (bins should be out by 5am)
- Your bin might be too heavy, our trucks can only lift up to 60 kg’s
- Your bin might be overfull
- Your bin is inaccessible (the truck is not able to gain access to the bin for some reason)
- Your bin might be too far back from the kerb
If the truck is unable to collect your bin for any of these reasons, you will need to make other arrangements to transport your materials to the Waste Management Centre or wait to the next collection day.
Occasionally, our trucks break down and require repair. If this occurs and your bin has not been emptied, please leave it out and your waste will be collected as soon as possible.
When I move properties, do I take my bins with me?
- Council supplies and maintains all waste bins.
- If you purchased your bin before this period, you are welcome to take it with you when you move.
My bin has disappeared, what should I do?
- Wait at least 48 hours as they have a habit of turning up.
- If it doesn’t reappear, call the Ballina Waste Management Centre on 6686 1287 and they’ll help you organise a replacement.
My bin needs repairing, what should I do?
Call the Ballina Waste Management Centre on 6686 1287.