Extension of Hutley Drive, Lennox Head
As urban development continues to expand within the Lennox Head area, council has been looking at various options to extend Hutley Drive to service current and future residential developments.
Due to the level of growth in Lennox Head and the extra vehicular traffic in residential areas, council’s traffic modelling has identified that Hutley Drive should be extended in the north to The Coast Road/Byron Bay Road. The northern extension of Hutley Drive will also provide a safer connection to major roads, reduce vehicle traffic in residential areas and improve access to the shopping centre development and sports fields within the Epiq Lennox Estate.
This project will include the construction of:
- new connection road (extension of Hutley Drive)
- new roundabout connecting Hutley Drive and Byron Bay Road
- widening part of Byron Bay Road (between the new roundabout and existing roundabout)
- sound barrier wall to reduce impact to local properties
- safety barriers
- construction of stormwater management infrastructure within Ocean Breeze Reserve
Construction commenced this month and is expected to continue through to mid 2020.
For information about the Hutley Drive Extension project design telephone our Civil Services Division on 1300 864 444.
Last reviewed November 2019