Delivery Program/Operational Plan (draft) 2019/20 to 2022/23
Council has prepared its draft Delivery Program for the four year period from 2019/20 to 2022/23. This document, which includes the draft Operational Plan for 2019/20, outlines items such as:
Key elements of the documents include:
- the services and key actions planned for 2019/20 to 2022/23
- a summary of the major capital works scheduled for 2019/20 to 2022/23
- our ten year long term financial plan for 2019/20 to 2028/29 and
- the rates, charges and fees proposed for 2019/20.
Forecast movements in our rates and annual charges for 2019/20 are:
- CPI increases for the wastewater and waste annual charges
- No increase for the water access and stormwater annual charges
- A change in the charging structure for water access charges for multi-tenancy properties, based on the number of approved occupancies, rather than meter size.
- A State Government approved special rate variation of 5.9%. The additional revenue raised will fund increased infrastructure renewal works.
In addition to our recurrent capital works for roads, footpaths, stormwater, parks and sporting fields the major community infrastructure projects planned for 2019/20 are:
- Coastal Walk and Coastal Shared Path – completion of these two projects
- Lennox Head Cultural and Community Centre - major refurbishment including air conditioning
- Extension of Hutley Drive to Byron Bay Road, Lennox Head
- Completion of the Ballina Indoor Sports Centre.
As part of the exhibition process Council will hold four public meetings. The dates and venues for these meetings are as follows.
7pm Tuesday 21 May 2019
Wardell War Memorial Hall
7pm Wednesday 22 May 2019
Ballina Shire Council Chambers
7pm Tuesday 28 May 2019
Lennox Community Centre (Park Lane Theatre)
7pm Wednesday 29 May 2019
Alstonville Leisure & Entertainment Centre (ALEC)
Submissions close: Wednesday 12 June 2019.
Enquiries: Linda Coulter, Manager Financial Services, Ph 1300 864 444.
Fees and Charges 2019/20 (draft) (1MB pdf)
Council charges and recovers approved fees for any service it provides other than a service provided on an annual basis for which it makes an annual charge under Section 501. In determining fees Council has taken into consideration the cost to Council of providing the service, the price suggested by any relevant industry body or in any schedule of charges published by the Office of Local Government, the importance of the service to the community, and any factors specified in legislation.
Workforce Plan 2019/20 (draft) (1.1MB pdf)
The CSP identifies the community’s main priorities and aspirations for the future to promote a positive lifestyle and improve the amenity for our residents and visitors. Council uses this document to guide and inform its decision making and planning for at least the next ten years.
The current CSP was adopted in November 2017 and is provided as a supporting reference to the documents currently on exhibition.
Asset Management Plans Explained 2019/20 (8.5MB pdf)
The Asset Management Plans forms part of the Resourcing Strategy to implement the Community Strategic Plan.
This summary document outlines the value of our assets, the asset management planning framework, the asset life cycle, asset planning and our levels of service.
Information on how to order certificates through the online services portalRead more
provide your feedback on a draft concept plan for a district park including skatepark on Plateau Drive, WollongbarRead more