Sport and Recreation Facility Plan
Council has commenced development of a new Sport and Recreation Facility Plan to determine the future for sport and active recreation in the Shire.
The Plan will provide a clear vision for the improvement of sport and active recreation within the Ballina Shire.
The purpose of the assessment is to plan for the future sport and recreation needs in line financial resources and future funding priorities. The Plan is a community document and will be developed in conjunction with ROSS Planning, who have been engaged to complete community consultation and analysis of existing facilities. As a community document, it is important that everyone provides input to the Plan to create an accurate snapshot to develop recommendations for the future.
The Plan will investigate:
- Sport and recreation participation and needs
- Assess any gaps in the provision of facilities to meet current and predicted future demand
- Establish roles and responsibilities for Council and the community to address demand for sport and activities
- Investigate management models recognising challenges
ROSS Planning will conduct two workshops targeted to sporting groups and committees but we also encourage community involvement in these sessions as well.
- Wednesday, 6 February 2019; 5:30pm - 7pm
- Alstonville Leisure and Entertainment Centre
- 42 - 46 Commercial Road, Alstonville
- Wednesday, 13 February 2009; 5:30pm – 7pm
- Ballina Surf Club – Jullum Room
- 65 Lighthouse Parade, East Ballina
We need your feedback
To help with the development of this important community Plan we encourage all community members to complete the folowing online survey.
If you are representative of an organised sporting club or recreational group please also complete the following online survey.
For more information contact:
Luke Marshall, Council's Open Spaces Development Officer on 1300 864 444
Carly Prenzler, ROSS Planning Consultant on 07 3901 0730 or email email@example.com
Helen Carroll, ROSS Planning Senior Consultant on 07 3901 0730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org